My Next Race

My Next Race

Friday 11 May 2012

My 1st age group award!

After a horrible week at work that seemed to go on forever, I got home to find a package in my mailbox. I find getting mail exciting! Hell, I don't even care if it's a bill, I just like the fact that there is something/anything in my mailbox. Imagine my extreme happiness when I reached into the box and pulled out a package! (Getting a package instead of a letter is like a double bonus!)

The return label read The Chocolate Race so I knew it was probably my award for taking 2nd place in my age group in Port Dalhousie two weeks ago. To help the anticipation build, I set the unopened package on my desk and forced myself to do 15 minutes of clean-up and tidying.

Boy, was the build up worth it! I ripped into that package like a kid on Christmas and pulled out the most awesome piece of hardware!

This is definitely incentive to train hard, run fast and kick some ass! Now I just have to build and install a shelf beside the race shrine to display this beauty!

I love my first age group award!


1 comment:

  1. You want unique medals https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nearly-Naked-5K-Whitewater-WI/851684244844544 one of many

    ReplyDelete